Large Diameter Carrousel Style 4-wing design. Suits entrances from 12' (3600mm) to 16' (4800mm) diameter. Automated for maximum safety using multi motion sensors. Wings can be easily collapsed to provide unobstructed emergency exits. Glazed center carrousel may be used for display. Ideal for hotels, office buildings and department stores. This series includes many standard features.
- Automatic 1 - When a person approaches the Series 5500 door they are detected by the Motion Detectors and the door begins to revolve at a speed of approximately 4 r.p.m. After a preset time (passage time) the system switches to the idling speed of approximately 1 r.p.m. and then stops at the quarter-point position.
- Automatic 2 - As "Automatic 1", but the door revolves continuously at the idling speed of approximately 1 r.p.m. without activation by persons, so that the direction of passage is indicated.
- Locked or Off Position - The Series 5500 door turns at idling speed to the quarter-point position and stops. The two outer door wings are locked automatically, or manually depending upon lock selection for project.
- Open Position - If, in warm weather, while cleaning, or when transporting large articles or wheeled trolleys, a clear passage is required, the control switch is turned to stop. The four wings are then collapsed against the central core where they are secured by an automatic locking device.
- Emergency Egress Position - In the case of emergency, all four wings can be opened towards the outside. Two escape routes arise as follows: 1000mm for a 3600mm installation, 1170mm for a 4200mm installation, 1340mm for a 4800mm installation.
- See Safety Devices - Handicap Button
- Emergency Stop Button - the revolving door can be stopped at any time by pressing the EMERGENCY STOP button located on the corner posts.
- Handicap Button - Unsure or handicapped persons, for whom the walking speed appears too fast can operate the handicap button. The door then revolves for a separate preset time at a reduced speed of approximately 2 r.p.m. (adjustable), then returns to normal operating speed.
- Safety 'Ceiling' Sensors - Electrical safety units are mounted in the ceiling by the entry and exit. They are activated when the revolving door wings are approximately 20" (50cm) from the corner post. If the beam is broken by a late entering pedestrian the rotation will stop immediately.
- Safety 'Heel' Sensors - A safety sensor is mounted on the trailing door leaf approximately 5"(12cm) above the floor. If one of these sensors responds owing to a slow moving person, the system is immediately switched to "stop function". When clear, the door rotation will revert to normal speed, (this is to protect space near center core).
- Safety 'Overhead' Sensors - The safety sensor strips are mounted on the top frame section of all 4 door wings. The sensors are placed sloping downwards approximately 5"( 12cm) and scan a safety zone in front of the revolving door wing. If a person is 'caught' in this safety zone, e.g. when walking slowly, the revolving door changes back from walking speed to the idling speed of a "stop function" is initiated. To be determined at time of ordering.
- Emergency Egress - The 4 door wings are mounted on pivot bearings and are held in the form of a cross by spring force. They can be folded back at any time towards or away from the direction of walking, e.g. in an emergency situation (see Open Position above) door wings fold back and lock against the center core. The system halts when the door wings are pushed forward approximately 10 degrees or pressed back 5 degrees.
- Electromagnetic Brake - To release the breaking power in an emergency situation such as safety sensors tripped or doors folded, the armature current induced in the driving motor is diverted to the breaking resistor.
- Torque-Limitation Device - Force required to stop rotation of the door is limited to a force not greater than what can be applied by one person.