After a long period of anemic performance with growth mostly driven by renovations and additions, the K-12 sector is showing renewed interest in new construction. Some trends we’re seeing that STANLEY door systems can help with are:
- Flexible learning environments: Sliding Manual doors that can also swing open can transform a private space into a large collaborative environment
- Elevated security and safety: Blast, ballistic and hurricane rated
- Low total cost of ownership and sound solutions that will benefit in the long term
- Fully automated and low energy doors to mitigate the spread of germs and infections
1: MAIN AND SIDE ENTRANCES
- Standard Automatic Slider: Dura-Glide 2000/3000 can allow for large volumes of students entering or exiting at once. Break-out allows even more space in case of an emergency.
- High Security Automatic Slider: Our Ballistic and Blast Automatic Slider is constructed for ballistic ratings to Level 3 or to comply with the stringent DOD UFC Blast Code UFC 4-010-01.
- Hurricane Rated Automatic Slider: The Dura-Storm™ Hurricane Automatic Slider has been tested to meet Miami-Dade County and State of Florida’s code requirement for building structures withstanding hurricane forces.
- Automatic Swing Door Operators and Door Systems: Can help address the needs of students with disabilities and are convenient for students carrying items.
2: KITCHEN AND CAFETERIA ENTRANCE:
- Standard Automatic Slider: Dura-Glide 2000/3000 at cafeteria entrances can safely divide rooms while minimizing the risk of germs and infections spreading in foodservice environments. Break-out allows even more space in case of an emergency.
4. COURYARD ENTRANCE
- Manual Sliding Doors: Give students a private space to meet or study quietly. Swing capabilities can transform a private space into a large collaborative environment.